If you're looking for an unobtrusive alarm clock and reminder for your Mac, Pester should probably do the job. The application, presented in an elegant and clear interface, allows you to set timely reminders and multiple alarms. Enter your reminder message, if you want it to repeat and when it pops up. You can choose what sound will play to alert you, even choosing a voice to speak the message to you. Pester literally takes seconds to set up and once ready will not "pester" you until your reminder pops up on the screen. Pester is clean, efficient and uses up very little memory. The only little issue we had with it is that it doesn't show missed reminders. It does include a countdown to your next reminders though, which you can view by opening up the application. You can also dig in the program log to look at past reminders. A tiny yet effective tool, Pester will allow you to set up alarms and reminders in seconds.
- Fix regression whereby Pester would not come to the front automatically in Mac OS X 10.5.
- Fix problems where various Pester keyboard equivalents could not be assigned; improve reliability of keyboard equivalent display.
- Fix crash on speech voice preview.
- Handle audio devices being connected/disconnected while Pester is running.
- Really fix some long-standing inconsistencies between icon and Dock menu time display.